Version six of the Internet Protocol
IPv6 is the Internet Engineering Task Force's (IETF) response to the imminent exhaustion of IPv4 address space.
- AARNet runs IPv6 as a native protocol.
- Routes are transferred using the IPv6 address family of BGP.
- AARNet's network supports IPv6 traffic with the same performance as IPv4 traffic.
Native IPv6 multicast
- AARNet supports native IPv6 multicast with the same performance as IPv4 multicast.
Native IPv6 address allocation
- AARNet has a block of IPv6 address space for allocation to customers.
- Send your request to the AARNet Network Operations Centre.
- Please include an addressing plan which shows 90% utilisation of the requested address space within one year of allocation.
Network abuse traffic
- IPv6 traffic to or from undefined addresses is discarded.