CloudStor Collections is a new cloud-based data packaging tool for researchers, research data managers, data curators and archivists, developed through a partnership between AARNet, Intersect and Western Sydney University.
CloudStor is AARNet’s cloud-storage platform for storing and sharing files to support manual and automated research and data management workflows and research collaboration.
Within the CloudStor interface, Collections enables all users to easily collate, describe, package and share groups of files and associated metadata. The application is designed to support data packaging through the research and data curation lifecycles.
The main benefits of using CloudStor Collections are to:
- Streamline data packaging by using the same application for managing and storing data as part of research, curation or publishing processes.
- Simplify data management planning by using a purpose-built application for data packaging and transfer to research compute services, research platforms, or archiving services.
- Support funding body, institutional and other requirements related to data management, access and publishing.
- Know with confidence that Collections you send and receive can be validated to determine authenticity and integrity.
CloudStor Collections includes these features to support a range of research and data management workflows:
- Users can create collections of CloudStor-based files.
- Collections can be described through a set of mandatory and optional metadata elements.
- Collections can be packaged into a BagIt compatible archive, complete with copies of the files, manifest and metadata.
- Packages can be created within the CloudStor filesystem where they can be downloaded or shared as desired.
- Organisations can create and publish metadata models for use by researchers and data managers when packaging data.
- Users can export metadata in human and machine readable formats.
We’re eager to hear feedback from our community so that we can continue to fine tune the application to better meet your data handling and sharing needs.
Please visit the AARNet Knowledge Base for more information and FAQs for the CloudStor Collections application.
To provide feedback please email the CloudStor team.