Version six of the Internet Protocol is the Internet Engineering Task Force's
(IETF) response to the imminent exhaustion of IPv4 address space.
- AARNet runs IPv6 as a native protocol.
- Routes are
transferred using the IPv6 address family of BGP.
- AARNet's network supports IPv6 traffic with the same
performance as IPv4 traffic.
Native IPv6 multicast
- AARNet supports native IPv6 multicast with the same
performance as IPv4 multicast.
Native IPv6 address
- AARNet has a block of IPv6 address space for allocation to
- Send your request to the AARNet Network Operations Centre.
include an addressing plan which shows 90% utilisation of the requested address
space within one year of allocation.
Network abuse traffic
- IPv6 traffic to or from undefined addresses is discarded.
- IPv6 traffic incurs identical charges to IPv4 traffic.